Gmail Jyosua Moore <otosareta.tenshi@gmail.com>

[tbm-discussion] "Actually"
18 messages
Jack Brawner <TrojanOwl@aol.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Many years ago, a Mensan pointed out to me that the most frequent word
used as the beginning of a Mensan sentence might be "actually", and is
one reason that people find us annoying. I fear she was right, and I
still catch myself doing it all the time.

Chris, I am also sorry you did not take the high road. My "warning" to
you was not a warning that you might get booted, it was advice. I
realize it was unsolicited and ignored. Oh, well.

I had VERY high hopes initially that you would be an informed pillar of
conservative thought, but by seeking and glorying in the lowest levels
of argument form -- sarcasm, belittling, personal attacks, etc. -- your
message has now obscured by the messenger.

It takes no skill to be sarcastic; ALL of us can do that. I believe
you will eventually learn to do better. Gina, who is clearly an
emotional person with strong beliefs, was able to control her impulses
and let it drop, and all of us appreciated her for doing so. Take a
moment and think on that.

Believe it or not, I am rooting for you. :-)

Best wishes,
Jack

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Healthy Living

Learn to live life

to the fullest

on Yahoo! Groups.

Real Food Group

Share recipes,

restaurant ratings

and favorite meals.

Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

I have to agree completely. I like when people with views opposed to
my own come to a conversation to bring up valid points supporting
their own viewpoint, however I don't care for Chris' methods.

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Brawner" <TrojanOwl@...>
wrote:
>
> Many years ago, a Mensan pointed out to me that the most frequent word
> used as the beginning of a Mensan sentence might be "actually", and is
> one reason that people find us annoying. I fear she was right, and I
> still catch myself doing it all the time.
>
> Chris, I am also sorry you did not take the high road. My "warning" to
> you was not a warning that you might get booted, it was advice. I
> realize it was unsolicited and ignored. Oh, well.
>
> I had VERY high hopes initially that you would be an informed pillar of
> conservative thought, but by seeking and glorying in the lowest levels
> of argument form -- sarcasm, belittling, personal attacks, etc. -- your
> message has now obscured by the messenger.
>
> It takes no skill to be sarcastic; ALL of us can do that. I believe
> you will eventually learn to do better. Gina, who is clearly an
> emotional person with strong beliefs, was able to control her impulses
> and let it drop, and all of us appreciated her for doing so. Take a
> moment and think on that.
>
> Believe it or not, I am rooting for you. :-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Jack
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Health Groups

for people over 40

Join people who are

staying in shape.

Real Food Group

Share recipes,

restaurant ratings

and favorite meals.

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Jack,
 
Actually (just kidding).
 
Even though I respect your opinion on the high road, I obviously disagree with the passive approach. Your warning/advice was taken to heart and not taken. I even referenced your input in one rather scathing rebuttal to one of many statements that I found offensive. The high road is not always the path of least resistance. Sometimes the high road is screaming from the mountain top, when there is injustice.
 
Just think of what the state of this country would have been if Rosa Parks, took the high road, and just moved to the back of the bus. Sometimes people have to stir things up to expose the injustices. Whether it is policy, history or just plain what is right.
 
If you look at the current political environment, John McCain is taking the high road and will in all probability lose the race. Obama is, and has been attacking (sometimes with non truths) for quite a while, and is winning the debate on the economy because the less informed are buying the BS that it is caused by a Bush Administration. That is Democrat speech, and quite frankly, I can't stand their "talking points" when they are a misrepresentation of the truth.
 
What I have found over many years is the Democrats always take the same paths of twisting the truth, to always point the finger away from them, especially when the finger deserves to pointed squarely at them.
 
Everyone here knows, or should know, that the downfall of the mortgage crisis started and was built up to fail largely by the democrats in the Senate and House. But their talking points are "McCain is against regulation, which caused the crisis" The fact is McCain was for more regulation for Fannie & Freddie and was blocked by Frank (D) and Dodd (D)at every turn. A nice twist of the facts, but as they know, perception is reality and if you say a lie enough, it becomes the truth in the uneducated masses. Doesn't anyone even care that junior Senator is #2 in accepting contributions from Fanny, only behind Senator Dodd? No there is no link to loyalties there.
 
I did watch the Keating 5 propaganda piece from beginning to end. There are many truths contained within. What is missing are a couple of simple facts, like the Keating 5 was 4 democrats and 1 republican (McCain). What was also not contained was the lead prosecutor believed that John McCain was least involved and should be dismissed from the hearings, which the Democrats blocked, just because the Keating 4 would all be from their party.
 
It was stated that McCain exhibited poor judgement in the dealing of Lincoln, therefore, he showed lack of judgement because of his associations. It was not stated that the poor judgement was the final findings on the involvement of McCain. The video also left out the fact that John Glenn (D) was another 5 member and was cleared in the same way. Now Senator Glenn is an advisor to Obama, any lack of judgement by Barrack for that? No way, he is above observation. One can't even bring up the facts of Obamas deep connections with domestic terrorists or corrupt organization (Acorn) that are under investigation for registering voters multiple times, in an effort to stuff the ballot box. We are now at the level of hypocrisy that any factual observation about Obama is being charged as racist. What a joke.
 
To all of the Obama supporter that are making their decision based on their hatred of the Bush Administration, I wish you luck. I remember when Jimmy Carter was elected due to the hatred of the Nixon White house, and that worked out.
 
Every time I think of JC, what comes to mind is his solution to the energy crisis was for Americans to turn down their thermostat and put on a sweater. It reminds me of Obamas solution to the gas crisis was to put more air in your tires. I laugh, before I cry.
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Jack Brawner <TrojanOwl@aol.com> wrote:

Many years ago, a Mensan pointed out to me that the most frequent word
used as the beginning of a Mensan sentence might be "actually", and is
one reason that people find us annoying. I fear she was right, and I
still catch myself doing it all the time.

Chris, I am also sorry you did not take the high road. My "warning" to
you was not a warning that you might get booted, it was advice. I
realize it was unsolicited and ignored. Oh, well.

I had VERY high hopes initially that you would be an informed pillar of
conservative thought, but by seeking and glorying in the lowest levels
of argument form -- sarcasm, belittling, personal attacks, etc. -- your
message has now obscured by the messenger.

It takes no skill to be sarcastic; ALL of us can do that. I believe
you will eventually learn to do better. Gina, who is clearly an
emotional person with strong beliefs, was able to control her impulses
and let it drop, and all of us appreciated her for doing so. Take a
moment and think on that.

Believe it or not, I am rooting for you. :-)

Best wishes,
Jack


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

I can't believe a fellow mensan is falling for that "deep terrorist
connections" line of bullcrap. Obama was EIGHT years old when that
terrorist group was active. Later, they simply worked on education
reform together. Basically your condemning someone for working with
what I would call a reformed criminal, that was a criminal many, many
years ago.

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"

[Quoted text hidden]
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Jack Brawner <TrojanOwl@...> wrote:
>
> > Many years ago, a Mensan pointed out to me that the most
frequent word
> > used as the beginning of a Mensan sentence might be "actually", and is
> > one reason that people find us annoying. I fear she was right, and I
> > still catch myself doing it all the time.
> >
> > Chris, I am also sorry you did not take the high road. My "warning" to
> > you was not a warning that you might get booted, it was advice. I
> > realize it was unsolicited and ignored. Oh, well.
> >
> > I had VERY high hopes initially that you would be an informed
pillar of
> > conservative thought, but by seeking and glorying in the lowest levels
> > of argument form -- sarcasm, belittling, personal attacks, etc. --
your
> > message has now obscured by the messenger.
> >
> > It takes no skill to be sarcastic; ALL of us can do that. I believe
> > you will eventually learn to do better. Gina, who is clearly an
> > emotional person with strong beliefs, was able to control her impulses
> > and let it drop, and all of us appreciated her for doing so. Take a
> > moment and think on that.
> >
> > Believe it or not, I am rooting for you. :-)
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Jack
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Quick file sharing

Send up to 1GB of

files in an IM.

Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

Curves on Yahoo!

Share & discuss

Curves, fitness

and weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Josh,
 
No offense to the college reference, I didn't know your age or status. Being in college, you have to admit there are others who do not have a clue as to something as simple as the VP, but still support one party or the other for the wrong reason.
 
As far as your fellow mensan "falling for..." comment, you are missing the big picture.
 
Obama said this man, Ayres, was a passing acquaintance that lived in his neighborhood. Which was the first lie. Then he said it was some guy who kids went to the same school with his kids. Second lie, Ayres kids were out of school at the time Obamas kids were going to school (over a 20 year difference).
 
Obamas own camp said that Barrack launched his career in Ayres living room. But Obama said he didn't know about the terrorist past. Ayres and Barrack sat on committees together and Ayres was instrumental in getting Barrack put in the position of President or Chairman of said committee. Still Barrack didn't know who he was deeply involved with. By the way your definition of a reformed criminal made a public statement on September 11, 2001 that he regretted not doing more bombing himself. Obama knew him seven years ago, didn't he and Obama was 38, not 8.
 
So either Barrack Obama is an idiot for not having a clue as to the people he associates with, or is lying....I'm guessing the latter. Just like how Barrack dismissed knowing anything about Rev. Wright. Sure, he sat in his church for 20+ years of Sundays, had him perform the marriage to Michelle, baptise his children, and include him as a spiritual advisor in his campaign. But didn't know anything about the man who brought him to Christianity. Once again, either an idiot or liar.
 
This is not touching on any of the other seedy characters that Barrack was closely associated with, and the response is "Look at McCain and the Keating 5". The other response is "Nobody cares about associations" Well some people do feel that water finds its own level and bird of a feather flock together.
 
There are only two logical conclusions, either he has had many close associations with radicals and knew about it, then lied. Or had the same associations without the common sense or judgement to know who he was in bed with. Either way, you know if the table were turned the same acceptance would not apply to McCain, or any other Republican for that matter.
 
The "Nobody cares" response was the same one Bill Clinton used when was impeached for lying under oath to congress. All of FOB
said "nobody cares about sex". Did they ever say "nobody cares that the President lied under oath?, no."
 
Since you were under 10 when this happened I wouldn't expect you to know any of these facts. Wait a minute, I bet you do, and you aren't even running for President.
 
BTW a President having an affair with an intern, not much older than your girlfriend, was a embarrassment to the office and this country. None the less, the impeachment was for lying. He didn't even have the decency to step down from office. His only defense was the argument "It depends on what the definition if is, is". He was another piece of shit and liar. Just like your choice of our next President. Different situation, but a liar is liar is a liar.
 
May God help us all.
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

Maran Fulvi <serakh@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com


On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> wrote:
So either Barrack Obama is an idiot for not having a clue as to the people he associates with, or is lying....I'm guessing the latter.

I have served on several boards. Some have been large enough that I barely knew the names of all the members, let alone anything about their backgrounds. Some have been small, and even then I knew very little about the lives of the members outside of the work we were doing, and what organization(s) they were representing on the board.
 
At no time have I ever investigated the background of any the people I've served with. Even if I've attended events in their homes.
 
Barak Obama is one year older than I am. I'm pretty well read and well informed. But I'd barely heard of the Weathermen/Weather Underground until I was in grad school, in a sociology course about social change (one of the other students did some background research on them for possible paper that he later abandoned.) So unless someone made an issue out of Ayer's past, I find it completely plausible that Obama would have known about it, nor would have been responsible to know about it. Ayers was never on his staff in any position. Obama was never in a position to run a background check or otherwise vet Ayers.
 
-Maran

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Dog Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about dogs.

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Weight Loss Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

make friends online.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

I am a tutor in college, and I tutor people and have been to the
houses of people who smoke weed. Does that mean I do? Certainly not,
and I left quickly after they started doing that because I know what
that shit does to you.

Now to debunk "the first lie"

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/02/obamas_weatherman_connection.html

Now, as for "the second lie", I never even heard him say that. I'd
like a link for that one.

Now I know about the coffee Ayers held for Obama, but as Maran said,
it's quite possible he didn't know his background at the time, and I
know I would have NEVER known about the Weatherman group unless A) I
accidentally read a wiki article one day about it, or B) it was
mentioned in a political campaign like it was.

As for Reverend Wright, where's an article saying he directly stated
"I don't know anything about Rev. Wright"?

I was urked that Clinton Lied under oath, but other than that, I don't
give a shit about his affair! You shouldn't either! I care about
whether or not he did a good job, and you should too!

To end all, Obama hasn't associated with the guy for about a year and
a half, so why the hell does it matter?

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"
<Christopher.s.fleming@...> wrote:
>

[Quoted text hidden]
> <Otosareta.Tenshi@...>wrote:
>
> > I can't believe a fellow mensan is falling for that "deep terrorist
> > connections" line of bullcrap. Obama was EIGHT years old when that
> > terrorist group was active. Later, they simply worked on education
> > reform together. Basically your condemning someone for working with
> > what I would call a reformed criminal, that was a criminal many, many
> > years ago.
> >
> > --- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
<tbm-discussion%40yahoogroups.com>,
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Healthy Living

Learn to live life

to the fullest

on Yahoo! Groups.

Cat Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to cats.

Popular Y! Groups

Is your group one?

Check it out and

see.

.

__,_._,___

Ronan Heffernan <ronansan@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

> BTW a President having an affair with an intern, not much older than your girlfriend, was a embarrassment to the office and this country. None the less, the impeachment was for lying. He didn't even have the decency to step down from office.

What about "We know for certain that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction."?  There were a great many lies put forth, including some that Colin Powell considered so egregious that he refused to present them at the UN (so he only spouted the less egregious ones).  Should the current embarrassment-in-chief have stepped down?  Did Clinton's lie kill 4,000 US soldiers and 200,000 innocent civilians?  Did it cost us over $1T?  Republican outrage wasn't even cute before our worst president ever.

--ronan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Wellness Spot

Embrace Change

Break the Yo-Yo

weight loss cycle.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

I don't see how the washington post article debunked anything. Try out this link,
 
 
It is an anti- Obama site, so look at the facts, double check them and don't shoot the messenger.
 
With the second comment about their kids going to the same school, I'll find a reference for you.
 
As far as your dope smoking groups, I understand that you left after discovering their common practices. A fair comparison to Obama would be that you found out, left, and then lied and said you never knew about it. When it was determined that you did know, even though you didn't participate, you would then say that you just were passing acquaintances with these people and no idea about their dope smoking ways. Then when it was determined that you participated in and was the leader of the dope smoking study group (still not smoking), you would need to say that it doesn't matter, nobody cares about weed.
 
Your statement sound like you didn't know, when you found out you left, and you never lied about seeing it. Nobody has said that Obama is a terrorist, only that he was very friendly with one, which he denied in five different ways.
 
I'll get a clip concerning Reverend Write, but I believe Obama stating that he wasn't aware of the anti-American rants of Rev. Wright is not disputed. But for you I will find a reference.
 
Concerning President Clinton, I disagree with "not giving a shit" about his affair. You would care if your girlfriend graduated college and got the intern position of her dreams in a large corporation, only to find out that part of her duties were blowing the 50-60 yr old CEO and doing magic disappearing tricks with cigars. I would care if it was my daughter, even if she was a complete slut. A mature superior in a position of power should never take advantage of a 20 yr old underling. Even if she was a willing participant.
 
Have you ever taken an HR class? Don't you think the example set by the ultimate leader of the free world should be at least at the same level as the lowest level manager?
 
The purpose of the Clinton reference was to show the democratic pattern of saying "nobody cares about (fill in the blank)". I really didn't want to get into the whole Clinton was a scumbag discussion.
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Everyday Wellness

on Yahoo! Groups

Find groups that will

help you stay fit.

Yahoo! Groups

Come check out

featured healthy living

groups on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Sorry Ronan,
 
Your response is the typical Democratic response of "what about WMDs and George W Bush". That is the argument of someone that can't or won't defend a position takes.
 
Look over there, don't look at the discussion at hand.
 
If you would like to have a discussion about WMD in the future, I would be more than happy to give my input. This discussion is about Obamas character, or lack there of. The Clinton reference was only to show the democrats pattern of shifting the spotlight.
 
Kind of like what you just tried to do.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Ronan Heffernan <ronansan@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW a President having an affair with an intern, not much older than your girlfriend, was a embarrassment to the office and this country. None the less, the impeachment was for lying. He didn't even have the decency to step down from office.

What about "We know for certain that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction."?  There were a great many lies put forth, including some that Colin Powell considered so egregious that he refused to present them at the UN (so he only spouted the less egregious ones).  Should the current embarrassment-in-chief have stepped down?  Did Clinton's lie kill 4,000 US soldiers and 200,000 innocent civilians?  Did it cost us over $1T?  Republican outrage wasn't even cute before our worst president ever.

--ronan


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Cat Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

discuss everything

related to cats.

Healthy Living

Learn to live life

to the fullest

on Yahoo! Groups.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

It did debunk something. He DID live in the same area.

As for the group that smokes weed that I know, if someone asked me, I
would lie and said I didn't know, simply because I don't know the type
of people they know, and honestly, telling the truth there could get
me seriously hurt.

And those rants by Rev. Wright weren't anti-american, they were
ANTI-WHITE! Get your facts straight!

And Clinton wasn't taking advantage of anybody. It was oral sex
between two consenting adults. Stop twisting words.

And it's quite ignorant of you to call the President of the United
States the "Ultimate Leader of the free world". I would leave that
position for the President of the General Assembly for the United Nations.

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"
<Christopher.s.fleming@...> wrote:
>

[Quoted text hidden]
<Otosareta.Tenshi@...>wrote:
>
> > I am a tutor in college, and I tutor people and have been to the
> > houses of people who smoke weed. Does that mean I do? Certainly not,
> > and I left quickly after they started doing that because I know what
> > that shit does to you.
> >
> > Now to debunk "the first lie"
> >
> >
> >
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/02/obamas_weatherman_connection.html
> >
> > Now, as for "the second lie", I never even heard him say that. I'd
> > like a link for that one.
> >
> > Now I know about the coffee Ayers held for Obama, but as Maran said,
> > it's quite possible he didn't know his background at the time, and I
> > know I would have NEVER known about the Weatherman group unless A) I
> > accidentally read a wiki article one day about it, or B) it was
> > mentioned in a political campaign like it was.
> >
> > As for Reverend Wright, where's an article saying he directly stated
> > "I don't know anything about Rev. Wright"?
> >
> > I was urked that Clinton Lied under oath, but other than that, I don't
> > give a shit about his affair! You shouldn't either! I care about
> > whether or not he did a good job, and you should too!
> >
> > To end all, Obama hasn't associated with the guy for about a year and
> > a half, so why the hell does it matter?
> >
> > --- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Learn to live

a full life with these

healthy living

groups on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Join people over 40

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

Dog Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about dogs.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

His WMD response is valid. It draws a comparison between lies. I'd say
Bush's weigh in more heavily.

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"
<Christopher.s.fleming@...> wrote:
>
> Sorry Ronan,
>
> Your response is the typical Democratic response of "what about WMDs and
> George W Bush". That is the argument of someone that can't or won't
defend a
> position takes.
>
> Look over there, don't look at the discussion at hand.
>
> If you would like to have a discussion about WMD in the future, I
would be
> more than happy to give my input. This discussion is about Obamas
character,
> or lack there of. The Clinton reference was only to show the democrats
> pattern of shifting the spotlight.
>
> Kind of like what you just tried to do.
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Ronan Heffernan <ronansan@...> wrote:
>
> > > BTW a President having an affair with an intern, not much
older than
> > your girlfriend, was a embarrassment to the office and this
country. None
> > the less, the impeachment was for lying. He didn't even have the
decency to
> > step down from office.
> >
> > What about "We know for certain that Saddam has weapons of mass
> > destruction."? There were a great many lies put forth, including
some that
> > Colin Powell considered so egregious that he refused to present
them at the
> > UN (so he only spouted the less egregious ones). Should the current
> > embarrassment-in-chief have stepped down? Did Clinton's lie kill
4,000 US
> > soldiers and 200,000 innocent civilians? Did it cost us over $1T?
> > Republican outrage wasn't even cute before our worst president ever.
> >
> > --ronan
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Health Groups

for people over 40

Join people who are

staying in shape.

Curves on Yahoo!

Share & discuss

Curves, fitness

and weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

Kurt Weber DDS <kurt.weber@verizon.net> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Didn't the Air Force just airlift 500 tons of yellow cake uranium out of Iraq?   That is a WMD if I am not mistaken. 

I am curious about the gap in Obam's history.  Who were his roommates and why can't he say where he lived. 
I know every place I ever lived and the names of all my roommates.  Why the information  black hole?

More importantly, the ACORN voter fraud may actually work.  The statutory deadlines are running out over the
next two weeks, after which the fraud may never be discovered.  Only 6 days remain to purge the fraud in Ohio
and the Sec of State there is stonewalling.

I am not sure I have an opinion, but the gaps in information and the perceived ballot stuffing is alarming.

What a blessing and a curse to live in interesting times!!

[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.

There is something

for everyone.

Yahoo! Groups

w/ John McEnroe

Join the All-Bran

Day 10 Club.

Yahoo! Groups

Wellness Spot

A resource for Curves

and weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:50 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Josh,
 
Of course they lived in the same neighborhood, sat on the same boards, supported the same causes, no dispute in that.
 
thank you for saying you would lie about who you know, what you know and who you associate with, so does Obama. And for the same reasons, if he told the truth, it would seriously hurt his integrity, honesty, and associations.
 
Rev. Wright said "No, No, No, not God bless America, God Damn America" He also said USA of KKK, which is a direct anti white comparison, so maybe you are right. I believe America is more than white America, how else could someone explain an African American and White Woman the last two standing in the race for the Democrat ticket for the position of leader of the free world.
 
Oral sex is sex. When any sexual organ makes contact or enters another it is considered sex. The issue is not if it was oral, or missionary, or S & M. The issue is a 50+ executive having sex (of some kind) with a underling. In this case a 20 yr old intern, the bottom of the food chain. No twisting going on here. He should have known better, even if he wasn't President. If he was Monica's neighbor and she babysat for Chelsea, he still shouldn't be having oral sex with her. My example of corporate exec was to illustrate that a double standard exists. it is not right, or moral, no matter how much you dismiss it.
 
The President of the United States is commonly called the leader of the free world. The President of the General Secretary of the UN is not the leader of the free world. The UN, or United Nations, is a group of many nations. Democratic (Free), Socialist, Communist, Dictatorships etc...
 
If you follow the UN at all, you would know that the UN does not support the free world, especially not the US.
 
Finally, I believe Ronan is just trying to shift the conversation away from Obama to Bush. You agreeing to this shows that you are also uncomfortable discussing the topics about your guy Obama and would rather say "Hey, look over there, Bush...WMDs...UN...".
 
To his credit, Ronan was making the comparison to Clinton being impeached. It sounds like your comparison is tied to Obama lies vs Bush lies. Even though I would dispute the factual basis of your Bush lies, I am glad to see that you are finally admitting to Obama lying.
 
(Now that is twisting)
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Food Lovers

Real Food Group

on Yahoo! Groups

find out more.

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

All-Bran

10 Day Challenge

Join the club and

feel the benefits.

.

__,_._,___

Chris Fleming <Christopher.s.fleming@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

Josh,
 
Here is the link from the Politico concerning the statement about their kids going to school together
 
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

That was one of his political underlings, hahaha. That is specifically
why I hate letting people talk FOR me.

--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"
<Christopher.s.fleming@...> wrote:
>
> Josh,
>
> Here is the link from the Politico concerning the statement about
their kids
> going to school together
>
>
> http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0208/Ax_on_Ayers.html
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Chris Fleming <

[Quoted text hidden]
<Otosareta.Tenshi@...>wrote:
> >
> >> It did debunk something. He DID live in the same area.
> >>
> >> As for the group that smokes weed that I know, if someone asked me, I
> >> would lie and said I didn't know, simply because I don't know the
type
> >> of people they know, and honestly, telling the truth there could get
> >> me seriously hurt.
> >>
> >> And those rants by Rev. Wright weren't anti-american, they were
> >> ANTI-WHITE! Get your facts straight!
> >>
> >> And Clinton wasn't taking advantage of anybody. It was oral sex
> >> between two consenting adults. Stop twisting words.
> >>
> >> And it's quite ignorant of you to call the President of the United
> >> States the "Ultimate Leader of the free world". I would leave that
> >> position for the President of the General Assembly for the United
Nations.
> >>
> >>
> >> --- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Zone

Connect w/ others

who love cats.

Women of Curves

on Yahoo! Groups

A positive group

to discuss Curves.

.

__,_._,___

Joshua moore <Otosareta.Tenshi@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

I would never say Obama never lied. To the same degree I would never
say McCain never lied. However, I disagree with what you said he lied
ABOUT.

And there is a difference, if you could be PHYSICALLY injured if you
did not lie, I see no problem in lying about whether you know
something or not. That doesn't mean I agree with you that Obama lied
on these issues or that I would be fine with it if in fact he did.

As fort Rev. Wright, just because other people in your religion are
radical dumbasses, doesn't mean you are, even if they are a leader in
your church. That's like saying all Islamic people are radical
terrorists, even though those that are live their daily lives among
those who aren't.

I'm not saying it isn't sex. It was consensual, which is the point!

As for the free world comment, arguably, the executive office has no
more power than the legislative and judicial branches. By that same
token, the US as a whole can't do any damn thing they want because the
rest of the UN can go "Oh no you don't!", metaphorically condemn them
for it, and take militant action against them. Therefor, I hold that
the UN is technically leader of not only the free world, but the likes
of the non-free world as well.
--- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Fleming"
<Christopher.s.fleming@...> wrote:
>

[Quoted text hidden]
<Otosareta.Tenshi@...>wrote:
>
> > It did debunk something. He DID live in the same area.
> >
> > As for the group that smokes weed that I know, if someone asked me, I
> > would lie and said I didn't know, simply because I don't know the type
> > of people they know, and honestly, telling the truth there could get
> > me seriously hurt.
> >
> > And those rants by Rev. Wright weren't anti-american, they were
> > ANTI-WHITE! Get your facts straight!
> >
> > And Clinton wasn't taking advantage of anybody. It was oral sex
> > between two consenting adults. Stop twisting words.
> >
> > And it's quite ignorant of you to call the President of the United
> > States the "Ultimate Leader of the free world". I would leave that
> > position for the President of the General Assembly for the United
Nations.
> >
> > --- In tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
[Quoted text hidden]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Everyday Wellness Zone

Check out featured

healthy living groups.

Weight Loss Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Get support and

make friends online.

.

__,_._,___

Maran Fulvi <serakh@gmail.com> Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Reply-To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com
To: tbm-discussion@yahoogroups.com

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Kurt Weber DDS <kurt.weber@verizon.net> wrote:
I am curious about the gap in Obam's history.  Who were his roommates and why can't he say where he lived. 
I know every place I ever lived and the names of all my roommates.  Why the information  black hole?

I couldn't tell you the names of all my roommates or all of my past addresses. I went through a period where I moved a ridiculous number of times in short period (one or twice each year for several years, 3 times one year). I don't remember the names of all of my college roommates. I might get their first names out of the vault, but not their last names. I can't give the address of every apartment or shared house I've lived in. Only the ones where I lived for 3 years or more.
 
-Maran

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

Files to share?

Send up to 1GB of

files in an IM.

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Discover Tips

on healthy living

and healthy eating

on Yahoo! Groups.

.

__,_._,___